Saturday, March 17, 2012

Anthony Callea Q and A

Six burning questions for Anthony Callea
Natalie Craig
March 18, 2012
.
Anthony Callea.

1. In one of your new songs, I Don't Care What You Say, you sing about children suffering from pressure to conform. Are the lyrics based on personal experience?

This song means a great deal to me and I spent a lot of time working with Paul Mac and Cindy Ryan to ensure that it's honest and personal. Yes, it's definitely based on personal experience and I'm sure we can all relate to it in one way or another.

2. Who is your best friend and why?

My partner Tim. No one gets me and understands me like he does and I am extremely lucky to have him in my life. We spend a lot of time together and yet we still get on and enjoy each other's company. I hope he feels the same way, otherwise, that's awkward.

3. Where's home?

Melbourne. I love being home, especially after I have been away for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love being in a new place, experiencing new things and meeting new people, but it's always good to come home to my own bed and our dog, Oscar. And, let's face it, the Melbourne coffee.

4. What's the most romantic thing you've ever done?

Romance and I don't really work in the same sentence. Does buying a sky jump for Tim count as romantic?

5. Your debut single, The Prayer, was partly in Italian. Do you speak Italian?

I don't. I can probably understand it more than I can speak it. I blame my grandparents - they always speak to us in English and, growing up, I never needed to speak Italian to communicate with them. We recently had relatives visit from Italy and an iPhone translating app came in handy.

6. Where are you happiest?

There are two places. First, on stage. It's a privilege and an adrenalin rush, even though I always get nervous. The other is away on holidays with Tim, when we don't have to do a thing other than think of what to have for breakfast or what cocktail to drink next. A luxury hotel, a lounge by the pool and a drink in hand usually put a smile on my face.

Anthony Callea's new EP, Last To Go, has just been released on iTunes.

The Age - view story online here

No comments: